11/26/08

Hello, My name is Gym .....................Home Gym!


Matt works for a company that believes that healthy employees are more safe and productive, so they allow all there employees to have what they call "recreational amount" which allows there employees to get a little money back on health oriented things! So, with that said, Matt decided to use his to help buy a home gym..........and here is the story of the trek for the home gym..
The first step in any new purchase is the research, so I started by looking for places to buy gym equipment, and who would have guessed that up in the mountains there aren't any places to buy that kind of stuff. I was shocked! So after a little research it turned out we would have to head to Calgary for our new Gym.

The day started out very early, we decided to get out of the house around 8 so that the 3 hour drive wouldn't feel so long (with traffic). When we walked out the front door, it was a beautiful early morning........see pics here! We hit the Tim Horton's in crows nest pass ..of course , that was a great cup of coffee. The drive was pretty fun, we saw a cattle drive on the way. (should be in the pics folder) and some beautiful sites. When we made it to Calgary I had Matt drop me off at Micheal's, we all know I love the crafts, and I was needing some material for some xmas presents I'm making! By the time I was done in Micheal's ( maybe about 30 - 40 minutes) Matt was back with the monster of a box in the bed of the truck! He was excited! So after a quick stop at Ikea (if I am within 10 km of that place I have to go) and a little desk purchase by me, we headed on down the road!

Matt told me about the gym on the way home and how the guy that sold it to him explained the set up as a 4 beer task! Well, he doesn't know Matt that well then does he???
What followed was a very interesting few hours of plastic wrap, nuts, bolts, and beer! Check out the Pictures and let me know what you think.



1 comment:

Lisa said...

Can't wait for you two to "PUMP IT UP"