11/6/08

The road I Know!

A few post s ago I told you all about the license switch over and the fact that I have had a beginners license for a long time. When I went to transfer my license it was told to me that I have had my beginners since Nov 13Th 1998!!! Holy Moly!

I am happy to announce that I received my learners (after taking the knowledge test again- Darn tests) On October 29Th 2008!!! And because of the years I have had a learners in Ontario I was able to schedule my drivers test for anytime I wanted - no waiting period! So we came home (with the lovely large capital "L" magnet that has to be on your vehicle during that stage) and I called to book my road test in Sparwood (because Elkford has not traffic lights) but Sparwood was all booked up, it seems that the towns are tiny enough to only schedule road tests on Thursdays! The next available day for a test in Sparwood was Dec 3rd - no thanks, can you imagine doing a road test in 3 feet of snow! I then called Fernie to see if the had any openings, the very nice lady told me there were opening late November of the very next day October 30Th 2008! So, I scheduled my test for 2:45 on the 30Th. Wow, did Matt and I drive around alot that afternoon and the next day before the test.

I am Happy to announce that I PASSED! (we won't talk about the parallel parking) I am Finally a licensed driver and I get to remove the large "L" from the vehicle as not to be a "L"oser any longer, but now get to replace it with a large "N" for "N"icole or as Lisa and I discussed "N"erd!!!! Its green ! Wooo Hooo
I have to drive in this class for at least 24 months then I can take the next road test to get my exit license! Then no more letters!!!

Well, you will all be glad I am driving out here in Elkford instead of around the streets of Hamilton , that's for sure! Watch out world here I come!!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I still want to see pictures of the big "L" on the truck....and also of the big "L" inside the truck! Hahaha.